Tuesday, July 8, 2014

working out... at work? yes, please.

One of the most frustrating things about life for me right now are the dozens of hours I spend sitting at my work desk. I find that when I am home, even just the house work and aimless milling around I do helps keep me feeling active and motivated. This weekend I worked out once every couple of hours, I think. (But let's be honest, I'm chalking that up to early-stage excitement... we'll call it fitness infatuation.)

On good days, when it's less than 100 degrees and/or 90% humidity, I bike to work; 7 miles one way, in fact. But it's summer now and the aforementioned criteria do not often apply. I also take the stairs most of the time--I'm lucky enough to be on the 3rd floor where I have that option--and working at a university seems automatically to mean that I am always walking someplace. Even so, I'm very conscious of the amount of time I spend sitting, and while my fingers and mind are highly active at the computer, my sad little muscles get jealous.

So I did some digging and found this fun article on 33 Ways to Deskercise! and I totally want one of these under-desk portable elliptical machines. Hello wishlist...

No comments:

Post a Comment